Thursday, February 4, 2010

She's a He

I don't know about you but to me, my son looks ALL BOY. Many a time I have been told that "she is so cute" or "how is she doing today" or at the doctors office at least 4 times "can you take off her clothes" or "did i pronounce her name right" and so on and so forth.....you get the idea.

So there is this local show that I love to watch in the morning and there is a segment that honors their youngest viewers for their first birthday. Of course being the proud mommy that I am, I submitted his picture in honor of his special day.

Excited I whipped out my camera (with the intention of just showing my hubby) and low and behold his cute picture pops up. Wait! Whats that? Why is my name under his picture? I KNOW I submitted his picture along with his name. I came to the conclusion that they must of thought that he was a girl and I was "Kamahele" , a father submitting his "daughters" picture. *Sigh*




In the end, a friend once told me its better that my son is complimented as being pretty than to have my daughters be told they are handsome. I never dress him in anything but masculine colors. BLUE = BOY!!!

8 comments:

  1. That is hillarious~ didn't we just have a conversation about this??? well although this is late, happy 1st birthday krysyan~ ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gosh. Yes that happens to Kawika ALL the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Kamahele!! he so looks all boy to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can they confuse him to be a girl!? I think boys that are really handsome get that a lot. :) Just cute, he's already one, Happy B-day Kamahele! When was his b-day?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take it from me, people are STOOPID!!! I should know, my kid is in surf shorts, no top @ the pool and someone said what a cute girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Bday! Its crazy that happened to my nephew all the time even with a painters hat gray vest and all still said "she" was cute *ugh* he is just tooo GORGEOUS that's why!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my daughter gets "he's so handsome!" all the time, what are you tryin to say? haha and yeah he totally looks like a boy to me, what are those ppl smokin'?

    oh and I'm adding you to my blog list. hope u don't mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's soooo funny b/c we had the same problem with Kekoa!! it amazes me and makes me wonder if they're actually looking! B/c yah Kamahele definitely looks all boy too :)-

    ReplyDelete

Followers